Friday, May 22, 2009
Happy Birthday ML!
Lady, you are so special, and you don't even realize it. Cats all over the world and people too, are so much richer to have you in our lives every day. You keep the Cat Blogsophere going, in spite of overwhelming odds. And what's more, you love it! And you love your cats and our cats and us.
We thought it was pawesome that you ML and Daddy Charley gave Charlie Taylor Sherwood cat a chance after his purrson had to go into hospice. But we were absolutely blown away to hear that you were selling off things of your own so that you can keep him getting the best vet care with the magical Dr. Smith. And we know you still owe a something like squillion green papers for it. All this while Charley has been recovering from the series of strokes he's had recently, keeping the Cat Blogosphere going, and helping so many along the way. Never asking for a penny or pity for any of it. Amazing!
Well, we think you deserve some help. So we're helping out for your Birthday!
We'd have bought you something fancy, but knowing you, you'd rather have vet bills paid, and we know it will help. So a bunch of us cats and beans got together, and started scrounging under sofas for change. And we've come up with a birthday gift or several to help you out. We'll be sending you bux for Charlie cat's vet bills via PayPal from Mom Robyn, direct PayPal, auctions running now and starting soon, and getting up some games for fun in the near future. We'll be running this gift collection through June 1st and other things will be starting throughout the week and beyond (keep an eye on that Cat Realm for beyond hehe) and sending lots of love from all of us.
We love you, ML. Thanks for being you!
A whole danged bunch of kitties and beans from the Cat Blogosphere
Momma Grace & Company
The Taylor CatSSSSS & Auntie Deb
The Meezers with added Gingersnap
The Cats P
The Creek Cats
Gandalf and Grayson
Laila and Minchie
Jan's Funny Farm
The Sumac Felines
The Carolina Cats
Kashim, Othello & Salome (oh and Momma Astrid too)
The Cat Realm
Ginger and Jasper
Daisy and Harley
Penny "Black Cat"
Castle & Timmy and their Mummies
Cheysuli and Gemini
The Island Cats
PB & J Cats
Grandma Cat of the Hotties
Maggy, Zoey and Mom Ann of Zoolatry
Sniffie and the Florida Furkids
Topcat Rules: Pye, Trixie and Tigger
Meowers from Missouri
The Hotties and Mom Robyn
The Fab Five
Samantha, Mr. Tigger and Maverick
The Chesney Cats
Peggy and the Cats
Eric & Flynn and Mum Jackie
Taz, Runt, Charles, and their mommy, Anna
Snuggles, Fuzzy, and mom Jana
Smokey and Purrl
Snuggles, Fuzzy and Mom
Zeke, Sushi, Tiger Lily and Ruckus
Purrchance to Dream
Teri and the cats of Furrydance
Grr, Midnight, Cocoa, Rascal & Riley
House of Cats
Hansel, Tesla and Benny
Oreo of 'Fur'ginia
Kaika and the Yosemite cats
To name a few (and more to be added as folks get back
from holiday - email if you've helped ML and
I missed showing your name!)
Welcome to my Cat Blogosphere Friends and friends of ML!
What you probably don't know is the lengths that ML and her husband Charley have gone to give Charlie Taylor Sherwood cat a chance after his purrson had to go into hospice. They've sold off possessions of their own so that they can keep him getting the best vet care, and they still owe a something like squillion green papers, which Dr. Smith is allowing them to make payments on.
While being busy selling off things she owned, with her husband Charley recovering from another series of strokes that disabled him years ago, she's kept the Cat Blogosphere blog going, and helped so many cats and people along the way, and she's never once asked for a penny for any of it.
So let's help her out, please.
If you can give a couple of bucks -- it adds up, trust me on that one! -- there are several ways you can help. If bux are too sparse on the ground, I am sharing another way you can help her out that she'd love.For visitors, if you want to give a birthday gift, here's things that would help ML and she would love.
1) Give direct to ML's PayPal for Charlie Cat's vet bills. There's a PayPal button direct to her at Furriends of CB on the top right.
2) Hansel's Auctions for Charlie Cat's vet bills - Go for it! They're to help out too!
4) You can send a check gift direct to ML. Email Mom Robyn at catsnmom AT houseofthemostlyblackcats DOT com and I'll get the address to you.
5) You can make a small (or big if you're rich LOL) payment direct the Houston Cat Hospital. Email Mom Robyn at catsnmom AT houseofthemostlyblackcats DOT com and I'll get that information to you.
6) Help out at or around the Cat Blogosphere sometime with just plain fun stuff. She would absolutely love it if you'd work with her to do fun contests or something like that. Nothing for money or big prizes, just something like bragging rights and a special badge that would be a blast. She does so much work helping out the blogging cats, that all too often the fun gets set aside. She needs more fun. So ideas for games, contests, treasure hunts, trivia, and help to get them running, she'd love it. Especially if it went on all year long.
7) Darling Millie's Mom is raffling a Gizzy Quilt to help out. The cats loooooooove Gizzy Quilts. And we humans are pretty darned fond of them too. Enter for a chance (or several) to win by May 31st.
8) Commentathons and auctions and all sorts of stuff are sprouting up around the blogosphere and I can't keep track here. Check the Cat Blogosphere daily for more free and inexpensive ways to help.
I'll keep posting new fun and helpful things through June 1, since it's a holiday weekend. So we can all celebrate somewhere along the way.